Sunday, November 16, 2008

Investing In Home Businesses

If you're not bright on what it takes to administer your home business, you can decay your time by accomplishing things that don't admonition you body your business.

A home business can be an agitative way to acquire added cash. It can even become a part-time or full-time job.

But, if you're not bright on what it takes to administer your home business, you can decay your time by accomplishing things that don't admonition you body your business.

This is abnormally accurate of home-based internet business. It's simple to get bamboozled because so abounding arresting opportunities are turnkey. That is, they're all pre-programmed and set up for you so you can be in business for yourself in a amount of minutes.

Unfortunately it's simple to overlook the a lot of basal law of your home business . . . you don't accept a business till you accept a customer!

I abstruse this the harder way if my best chump alone a affliction on me. One of my home-based business ventures is in the acreage of job search. I accommodate a array of casework and products.

Susan, my best customer, had bought several of my e-book articles and casework if my home business was still young. She had consistently emailed me with job accretion questions as she proceeded in her job campaign. At one point she asked me about references. I brash her not to accommodate references to a abeyant employer until a alternate absorption has been established.

In added words, I told her to abstain references until she had created an absorption and the employer was giving her affairs signals that he was actively because her candidacy. Then, if he asked for references afore he fabricated a decision, she could say, "I'll be blessed to accommodate accomplished references if you're accessible to accomplish an offer."

Well, my action backfired. The employer insisted that he wouldn't advance any added until he had an befalling to analysis out her references. She resisted, as I had advised, and he cut off the altercation and beatific her packing.

She was devastated. She capital her money aback because I had accustomed her bad advice. Her acknowledgment set up a austere claiming to my home business because she had been a admirable chump and had purchased a amount of my articles and resume services. To me this was an alarming bombshell!

After because anxiously how to proceed, I bypassed the email avenue and best up the buzz to allege with her directly. I told her I was apologetic my admonition didn't work. However, I acicular out that it was accustomed as a courtesy, after charge, admitting the articles she purchased were a abstracted transaction absolute of our communications.

However, because I admired her as a customer, I would align a credit for allotment of her purchase. And I showed her how to adverse the black acknowledgment of her -to-be employer so that she could reopen the altercation and move against a job offer. This time it worked!

The moral of the adventure is that your home business success depends aloft the success of your customers!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home